Optelian at a Glance
Optelian is a privately owned company, founded in 2002. Optelian’s success is a result of a focused vision on delivering quality products and exceptional customer care.
Optelian provides optical networking solutions, designed to meet a network operator’s and service provider’s next-generation optical networking needs. Based on Optelian’s FLEX Architecture, Optelian solutions are highly scalable, efficient, effective and modular, and support a wide range of applications from access to long-haul, passive to packet, and 100M to 100G and beyond.
Optelian’s Research and Development (R&D) center is located at its headquarters in Ottawa Canada, in the north Kanata area known as Silicon Valley North. All products are architected, designed and developed at Optelian’s R&D center, including all aspects of mechanical, hardware, software, optical and system design.
To learn more about Optelian click here.
We are very proud of our culture. It is one of mutual respect and co-operation, with opportunities to grow and learn new technologies. In addition to an excellent work environment Optelian offers a comprehensive benefits package, providing flexibility and security for our employees and their families.
Key Qualities we look for in candidates?
Part of our goal at Optelian is to ensure we hire the right people, this means we look for certain qualities in our candidates.
- Respect for Others: The ability to show regard or consideration for each other’s points of view. To be open and willing to hearing different opinions.
- Fostering Innovation: The ability to develop, design or support the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, and/or technologies.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The desire to work cooperatively with others; the ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships inside or outside the organization.
- Initiative: taking on additional responsibilities when one sees a need or opportunity for change/improvement.
- Results Oriented: The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own work or that of the team, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on those goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
If you are a motivated professional who enjoys working in an environment of mutual respect and innovation, view our current job openings and submit your resume at email@example.com.
Employment Equity and Accommodations Statement
Optelian is committed to employment equity throughout the selection process and with respect to all employment activities. We encourage applications from qualified men and women, Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and others who contribute to the diverse culture of North America.
Optelian ensures equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, and will make reasonable accommodations for the needs of those individuals whether applicant or employee. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the assessment and selection process. Please discuss any accommodations you may require with Optelian’s Human Resources department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In respecting and valuing the diversity among our employees and all those with whom we do business, Optelian will ensure that there is a work environment free of all forms of discrimination, violence and harassment.
- Optelian is always searching for enthusiastic and talented individuals to add to their vibrant United States team. Join a company whose corporate culture values initiative, drive, creativity, and integrity.
- Optelian is always searching for enthusiastic and talented individuals to add to their vibrant Canadian team. Join a company whose corporate culture values initiative, drive, creativity, and integrity.