Optelian is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Business Development Manager for international sales. The Business Development Manager builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
What makes Optelian different? You have a voice. Optelian recognizes success and wants to ensure that it helps you maximize your success both professionally and personally. Isn’t it time that you work for a company that recognizes you for what you achieve rather than just the bottom line? Join Optelian and experience the difference for yourself.
- Develop and implement new strategic sales plan for Optelian’s international sales growth.
- Lead business development initiatives to deliver prospective client presentations, proposals, and quotes to secure new client relationships.
- Develop account sales plans and approaches with the President.
- Expand business with clients by becoming a trusted advisor and using the full range of Optelian services to achieve objectives.
- Develop and manage lead queue that includes research and acquisition of targeted lead and call lists.
- Conduct new account prospecting and qualification via sales calls both independently and jointly with management and staff as prioritized by the President.
- Meet or exceed annual sales quota based on new client acquisition.
- Develop and manage an alternate channel structure.
- Manage schedule and track assigned RFPs.
- International travel to customer and/or channel partner locations as requirement of the position (50-75% of time).
- Continuous Learning is required to keep on top of industry trends.
- Create, manage and track international sales opportunities via CRM.
- 10 years of relevant new business development experience within the Telecommunication Industry.
- Basic understanding of optical transport technologies is a strong asset.
- Experience with selling in at least some of the following regions EMEA, APAC, and LATAM.
- Experience in work with (or establishing) an international alternate channel network.
- Minimum of 5 years proven outside direct international sales experience with focus in consultative and solution-oriented sales approaches.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Track record of meeting/exceeding annual sales quota based on new client acquisition.
- Proven experience in developing account penetration and development strategies, conducting cold calls, qualifying prospects, leading technical sales process and strategy, making sales presentations, closing techniques, and developing service and pricing proposals.
- Self-motivated individual who exhibits a sense of urgency in all sales related activities.
- Team player who can work with multiple departments to deliver results.
- Proven ability to clearly articulate a value proposition to engineers, managers and executives.
- Outstanding presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing. Other languages are an asset.
- Home base: Preferred Ottawa. Alternatives: near a major airport hub in Canada.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Business Development Manager Int’l.