Optelian is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will facilitate new product introduction, and provide technical support for other design, production, and operation activities. They will be responsible in defining, developing, and implementing manufacturing plans, product test, manufacturing processes and efficiencies. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical background, excellent problem solving skills, and preferably a background in the telecommunications industry. While this position is a six month term employment, there is opportunity for extension.
What makes Optelian different? You have a voice. Optelian recognizes success and wants to ensure that it helps you maximize your success both professionally and personally. Isn’t it time that you work for a company that recognizes you for what you achieve rather than just the bottom line? Join Optelian and experience the difference for yourself.
- Definition and implementation of product testing requirements for manufacturing; designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing test standards.
- Supporting Supply Chain and R&D with component substitution and qualification.
- Plan and implement conversion of existing products for RoHS compliance.
- Prepare product and process reports by, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Assist with product approval testing – EMC, UL, NEBS, etc.
- Assist with regulatory filings (i.e. FDA, CE).
- As support function, design and document new products and product line enhancements.
- Determine material, labor, and overhead costs.
- Determine best manufacturing processes for existing and new products.
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure all quality aspects of product design and manufacturing are met by applying engineering principles.
- Utilize technical background in a research role to investigate use of new materials and processes in future products.
- Initiate and coordinate testing and analysis of materials, processes, and prototypes.
- Prepare test requests, monitor tests, and evaluate test performance per industry standards.
- 5+ years related work experience in an electro-optical manufacturing environment.
- Experience with manufacturing test processes, process engineering, and efficiency optimization.
- Experience with quality assurance standards and methodologies.
- Experience and understanding with issues related to lead-free and RoHS compliance.
- Engineering degree in a relevant discipline.
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team, providing specialized technical advice and guidance to others.
- Strong process, organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Creative, innovative and an ability to think laterally.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to respond to frequent pressure to meet deadlines.
- Test Automation Development experience utilizing LabView, TestStand, ATEasy, C/++, Visual Basic or other industry standard programming languages, is considered a huge asset.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com quoting Manufacturing Engineer.