Optelian is currently seeking a Manufacturing Operator who will be primarily responsible for the assembly of Optelian’s active and passive products.
What makes Optelian different? You have a voice. Optelian recognizes success and wants to ensure that we help you maximize your success both professionally and personally. Isn’t it time that you work for a company that recognizes you for what you achieve rather than just the bottom line? Join Optelian and experience the difference for yourself.
- Assembly of product from drawing, sketches, procedures, or verbal instruction.
- Complex soldering of small and intricate surface mount and thru-hole components.
- Complex soldering and assembly modification tasks on Printed Circuit Boards and sub-assemblies sometimes requiring the use of microscopes.
- Assemble microcircuits requiring fine hand assembly and the use of microscopes.
- Inspect results to ensure conformance with requirements using precision measuring
equipment and perform rework as needed.
- Fiber stripping, cleaving, and fusion splicing of fiber components.
- Assemble fiber optics onto PCBA’s.
- Perform connector end inspection.
- Install, mount, fasten, align and adjust parts, components, wiring and harnesses to subassemblies and assemblies using hand and small power tools.
- Assemble mechanical components.
- Testing and software uploads.
- Conduct inspections (mechanical and visual) of material (PCB, PCBA, Metal work, optical components) at in-coming, in-process, and final inspection.
- Read and interpret specifications (BOM’s, ECO’s …etc) and part drawings.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform work as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- 3 years’ experience in a hi-tech manufacturing environment, including manual assembly.
- Proficient in soldering techniques using surface mount and thru-hole technology (IPC 610) using lead-free solder.
- Fiber optic experience with an understanding of fiber handling procedures.
- High degree of manual dexterity and steadiness in order to perform intricate work on small and intricate components.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Work history demonstrating good attendance and responsibility.
- Ability to perform in a team environment with good inter-personal and communication skills.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com quoting Manufacturing Operator.