As a member of the hardware team, you will interact, brainstorm and collaborate with an innovative group of professionals. You will participate in meeting team deliverables by becoming a core contributor. You will have responsibility for various parts of design cycle, from concept to product release and support.
What makes Optelian different? You have a voice. Optelian recognizes success and wants to ensure that it helps you maximize your success both professionally and personally. Isn’t it time that you work for a company that recognizes you for what you achieve rather than just the bottom line? Join Optelian and experience the difference for yourself.
- Be a part of a team developing a new Transport Management System with Network Access Modules.
- Work closely with hardware engineers, software engineers and system architects to deliver high-quality carrier-grade designs.
- Assist in various aspects of board level design, specification, verification, and implementation for embedded transport.
- Develop and execute test plans, and review results with peers.
- Document and communicate test results, provide recommendations to the team.
- Support the technology transfer to manufacturing/production testing.
- Support Component Engineering efforts during and after design cycles.
- Bachelor’s in Computer / Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Previous work or lab experience in hardware design and verification.
- Experience with hardware debugging tools — analyzers, scopes, emulators.
- Self-starter with enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Experience with carrier-grade system requirements and high-speed optical transmission systems considered an asset.
- Experience with design capture tools (Mentor Graphics -DX Designer) considered an asset.
- Experience with scripting languages considered an asset.
- Hardware Design experience would be beneficial.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com quoting New Grad: Hardware Designer.