Optelian is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Regional Sales Account Manager to join its Sales team for the South East Region.
What makes Optelian different? You have a voice. Optelian recognizes success and wants to ensure that we help you maximize your success both professionally and personally. Isn’t it time that you work for a company that recognizes you for what you achieve rather than just the bottom line? Join Optelian and experience the difference for yourself.
- Develop and execute a sales plan to deliver assigned objectives while maximizing sales bookings.
- Responsible for closely supporting existing accounts.
- Responsible for establishing new accounts via prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing services and products to telecom, MSO and utility and enterprise verticals.
- Identify key areas of opportunity by reviewing customers, competitors and market trends, leveraging your understanding and industry know-how and/or connections (e.g. Telcos, MSOs, Data Center, and Wireless operators).
- Responsible for tracking customer information, forecasts and reports.
- Develop and maintain prospect and customer list based on strategic marketing data and other sources for sales leads in our CRM system.
- Maintain personal relationships with targeted companies at manager, engineer and back office levels. This would include network architecture, planning, engineering and other meaningful customer personnel.
- Understand competitor products and solutions, and Optelian differentiators.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the optical communications networking industry and optical networking industry trends.
- Up to 75% travel required within the US.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in selling optical system level solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate sales record at a high level of achievement.
- Ability to understand customer issues and map their business needs to Optelian’s solutions.
- Thorough understanding of CWDM, DWDM, ROADM and other optical networking solutions.
- Ability to assess and understand customer’s decision makers and decision processes.
- Proven ability to clearly articulate a value proposition to engineers, managers and executives.
- A self – starter with excellent time management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Experience working with large service providers.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience) business, marketing and sales or related field of study.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Regional Sales Account Manager – Telecom & MSO.