Optelian is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Regional Sales Manager to join its Sales team for the Central Region. What makes Optelian different? You have a voice. Optelian recognizes success and wants to ensure that it helps you maximize your success both professionally and personally. Isn’t it time that you work for a company that recognizes you for what you achieve rather than just the bottom line? Join Optelian and experience the difference for yourself.
- Develop and execute a sales plan to deliver assigned objectives while ensuring maximum sales bookings and revenue objectives.
- Identify marketing and sales opportunities using best approaches working toward assigned sales objectives.
- Will be responsible for establishing new accounts via prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing services and products to telecom, MSO and utility and enterprise verticals.
- Will be responsible for tracking customer information, forecasts and reports.
- Will develop and maintain prospect and customer list based on strategic marketing data and other sources for sales leads in our CRM system.
- Identify key areas of opportunity by reviewing customers, competitors and market trends, leveraging your understanding and industry know-how and/or connections (e.g. Telcos, MSOs, WISPs, Data Center Operators and Mobility).
- Maintain personal relationships with targeted companies at manager, engineer and back office levels. This would include network architecture, planning, engineering and other meaningful customer personnel.
- Maintain working knowledge of all products and solutions.
- Up to 75 percent travel required within the US.
- Proven ability to close sales.
- Proven ability to articulate technical solutions.
- Proven ability to accurately forecast sales projections.
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent work experience) in a business, marketing and sales, electrical or mechanical engineering, or related field of study.
- Ability to sell a portfolio of products which include a full range of optical transport products and solutions (e.g. DWDM, CWDM, ROADM).
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience with layer 0, 1 and 2 complex optical networking systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Tier 1, 2 and 3 carriers in the US.
- Thorough understanding of CWDM, DWDM, ROADM and other optical networking solutions.
- Have the ability to assess and understand customer’s Power Base and decision processes.
- Demonstrated success of attaining and exceeding business objectives and revenue targets.
- Proven ability to clearly articulate a value proposition to engineers, managers and executives.
- A self – starter with excellent time management skills.
- Team oriented with ability to accept guidance and coaching.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional demeanor to facilitate building strong working relationships at all levels within a customer organization.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com quoting Regional Sales Manager.