Optelian is currently seeking a Sales Engineer who will possess a wide range of pre-sales, sales, and post sales technical support capabilities focused on Optical transport systems including OTN and Ethernet technologies. Experience with service provider transport and data network deployments is required. The Sales Engineer will report to the AVP, Sales for a leading Tier 1 customer account.
What makes Optelian different? You have a voice. Optelian recognizes success and wants to ensure that it helps you maximize your success both professionally and personally. Isn’t it time that you work for a company that recognizes you for what you achieve rather than just the bottom line? Join Optelian and experience the difference for yourself.
- Drive the technical pre-sales process.
- Works closely with the AVP, Sales and Account Manager(s), to prospect and close business.
- Perform customer demonstrations and technical presentations, as well as manage technical evaluations of Optelian Products.
- Understand customer requirements, develop and articulate technical solutions.
- Evaluate project scope to determine feasibility and resource requirements.
- Provide customer product training.
- System troubleshooting and occasional technical support coverage.
- Occasional system installation/turn-up and over-the-shoulder technician support.
- Application notes development and how-to video production for customer use.
- Up to 50% travel in the US.
- Undergraduate technical degree or masters preferred along with at least 10 years of experience working in Optical network industry.
- Strong technical skills with layers 0, 1 and 2.
- Ability to understand customer issues and map their business needs to Optelian’s solutions.
- Familiar with Telco environment, C.O.’s, R.T.’s, CPE, Premise. Knowledge of Telecom transmission and associated topologies: P-T-P, BLSR, UPSR.
- Excellent understanding of DWDM, CWDM, and ROADM networks.
- Understanding of transport protocols.
- Superior relationship-building and technical sales abilities.
- Outstanding presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with planning and modeling tools an asset.
- Familiarity with Optical Spectrum Analyzers and other circuit troubleshooting equipment is a plus.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Sales Engineer, Tier 1 Account.