As a member of the hardware team, you will interact, brainstorm and collaborate with an innovative group of professionals. You will participate in meeting team deliverables by becoming a core contributor. You will have responsibility for various parts of design cycle, from concept to product release and support.
What makes Optelian different? You have a voice. Optelian recognizes success and wants to ensure that it helps you maximize your success both professionally and personally. Isn’t it time that you work for a company that recognizes you for what you achieve rather than just the bottom line? Join Optelian and experience the difference for yourself.
- Be the design lead responsible for delivery of a next generation transport module.
- Research and evaluate new technologies, tools, and methodologies.
- Work closely with hardware engineers, software engineers and system architects to deliver high-quality designs.
- Assist in various aspects of board level design, specification, verification, and implementation for embedded transport.
- Define technical specifications to support design concepts, and participate in peer specification and design reviews.
- Interface with component vendors and negotiate design specifications with external suppliers.
- Develop and execute test plans, and review results with peers.
- Support the technology transfer to manufacturing/production testing.
- Support Component Engineering efforts during and after design cycles.
- 10+ years of experience in Hardware Design.
- Bachelor’s in Computer / Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) coupled with 10+ years of experience in optical component, optical subsystem or high speed printed circuit board design.
- Experience with carrier-grade system requirements and high-speed optical transmission systems.
- Experience with design capture tools (Mentor Graphics -DX Designer).
- Experience with board level development utilizing high speed digital circuits.
- Experience with hardware debugging tools — analyzers, scopes, emulators.
- Experience and understanding of design for testability and manufacturability concepts.
- Experience using a variety of high-speed lab equipment (e.g. Optical Spectrum Analyzers – optical signal to noise ratio measurements; high speed signal analysis and probing; optical wavelength measurements; bit error rate testing; eye diagram measurements).
- Experience with a variety of optical interfaces and telecommunications standards.
- Experience with optical test and measurement including insertion losses, polarization effects and optical filter characteristics would be an asset.
- Experience with high-speed digital devices and RF signal analysis would be an asset.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Sr. Hardware Designer – Contract.